Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Always Learning

The last few days, God has been taking allot of things that I have learned in the last several months and begun the process of translating them from my head to my heart.  For me, this is always a difficult process. 

Taking time to allow things that I have always "known" to be taken from a place of intellect and understanding and allowing them to become real and relevant in my day to day living is not always easy, but always necessary.

We have all heard that "knowing the truth makes us free".  But this knowing is one of experience and not of education.  The knowing of truth that produces freedom is the one that has been translated from head to heart, from understanding and education to experience and application.

"And  you shall know the truth and truth shall make you free" John 8:32
I think of the fact that my wife and I have three amazing children.  We have both been there from the beginning all the way through to their birth.  You could say that my wife and I both "KNOW" what it means to have a baby.  But, who "KNOWS" better. 

Obviously, she does and why does she know better?  Because she actually experienced the birth, I just witnessed it. 

As I mature in my faith, or at least try to, I find myself confronted with this challenge more and more.  Taking the time to allow truth to set me free by allowing it to translate from my understanding into my experience.

Lord, lead me today into your truth, not that I may simply understand it, but that I may experience it, live it, share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment